- Arugula is a slightly bitter/spicy green that is great mixed with other greens or by itself.
- Add to any salad!
- Saute in olive oil or steam and add to pasta dishes.
- Make into pesto then serve with pasta, potatoes, or with roasted or grilled meats.
- Add this superfood to your favorite smoothie.
- Saute kale leaves with butter and garlic. Add to omelets, quiches, scrambled eggs, or frittata.
- Chop and add to hearty soups and stews.
- Cook kale in boiling water with a slice of smoked meat, drain, and serve with pepper vinegar.
- No need to peel, only scrub clean. There are some great minerals just below the surface of the skin.
- Grate into most any salad raw.
- Bake or roast with other veggies.
- Young beet greens can be tossed raw into a mixed green salad.
- Young and tender beet greens can be steamed or sautéed.
- Grate raw into salads
- Boil ½ to 1 inch thick turnips with a slice of seasoned meat like bacon.
- Bake turnips with other seasonal roasted veggies (baste with butter or oil).
- Add turnips to hearty soups or stews.
- Mash or scallop turnips as you would potatoes.
- Dip in your favorite dressing and eat.
- Add radishes and/or chopped greens to vegetable stir-fry.
- Add chopped radishes to potato salad for a peppery crunch.
- Use in soups and stews as you would a turnip.
- Try a radish sandwich. Spread butter on French or sourdough bread then layer with thin slices of radish. Sprinkle with salt.