Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise.
Using a spoon, scoop out the pulp, leaving a boat/shell of the zucchini.
Place the boats inside a baking dish.
Now for the fun part:
Create a pulp mixture. Simply mix the zucchini pulp with whatever you want to cook inside the boats. We love to mix cooked ground sausage, cooked quinoa, and diced tomatoes.
Once combined, place the mixture back inside the boat. Extra can be placed around the boats.
Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
Other good combinations to add to the zucchini pulp:
Sauteed onions, cooked ground beef, diced tomatoes
Cooked and crumbled bacon and sour cream
Cooked and shredded chicken and cooked brown rice
Add lard to a medium saucepan.
Once melted, add vegetables and saute until softened, about 10 minutes.
Add any cooked meat that you want to include, thoroughly heat, about 3 minutes.
Next, add your broth as well as any herbs and spices to taste.
The final step is to simmer the soup, about 20-30 minutes.
Combinations we like:
Cabbage, onions, sage, cooked pork, and beef broth
Butternut squash, kale, cooked shredded chicken, chicken broth
Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, spinach, beef broth
The choices are unlimited! Don’t be afraid to create your own.by
2-3 squash or zucchini (or both)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced
mushrooms, sliced (optional)
1 cup spinach or other greens
Saute the squash, garlic, onion, and mushrooms in olive oil until almost done.
Add the spinach and saute for 1 more minute. Place the mixture inside a wrap and enjoy!
It’s also great to add a chopped tomato!by
- Trim off the outer layer of the fennel bulb
- Cut bulbs 1/2 lengthwise, then into 4 wedges
- Cook fennel in a pan with olive oil for about 3-4 minutes
- Add minced garlic and cook 1 more minute
- Pour in 1 cup broth and 1 tbs. lemon juice, then cook until liquid is reduced by half, 4-5 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish
- Bake uncovered until tender, about 30 minutes
- Combine breadcrumbs and cheese, then sprinkle over the mixture
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes
So simple! Simply shred carrots and apples then mix them with a little mayo to taste and voila! This is delicious!by
Leaf lard is the fat from the interior of the animal near the kidney area. It is considered to be the purest fat on the pig. To render it, we heat it in a roaster oven or crock pot then strain and pour into jars.
Use leaf lard for cooking, sautéing, and frying all kinds of foods.by